ROYAL THAI CULINARY ARTS SPECIALIST
Krua Thai Cookery School is a Thai cookery centre in Scotland that attracts students from all over the world who wish to discover the secrets of traditional Thai cookery. These students benefit from our vast experience of up-market Thai restaurants, international board meetings, world-class events and by working with the world famous chef, Albert Roux. We certainly have extensive knowledge to pass on and we coach our students to ensure complete satisfaction. ‘Krua’ means kitchen in Thai. The school was established in the multicultural city of Edinburgh in 1997 and we offer a unique programme of training in many aspects of Thai cuisine. The School is well known for achieving the highest standards in traditional Thai cookery, fruit and vegetable carving and food presentation.
Our clients: include the Hilton International Board executives, the world famous chef Albert Roux, Green Dragon, Amoy, Covent Garden soups, Kerry Food Manufacturer, bank of Scotland, Royal Bank of Scotland, ICAS, National Museum of Scotland, Lucky Boat noodles, Jimmie Sate sauce, the Seafood company for M&S, Noon food manufacturer, Scottish Television etc…
Our mission: To be the number one specialist cookery school offering a unique standard of training in high status traditional Thai cuisine and blending techniques to professional chefs and lovers of fine food. We achieve this by using a fully qualified Thai chef with a high level of expertise and a wealth of experience working with executives and other top-flight clients. The excellent value and quality of the service we offer each client ensures excellent customer retention. We are committed to continuously improving our level of service so as to not only meet, but also surpass our customers’ expectations.
Our Value: We make culinary secrets available to clients who wish to acquire authentic Thai recipes and understand the intricacies of high quality and delicious traditional Thai cuisine. We use special techniques that enable our students to master these skills in a very short time and to get ahead of their competitors. Students receive precise and detailed personal coaching to ensure they acquire as much knowledge as possible and are able to deliver high-quality results every time in the real world. Our philosophy is that performance comes first and money comes second. Our primary objective is to make each student achieve the highest standard of traditional Thai culinary art through our teaching and coaching techniques.
Customer care: We are strong both in our internal and external customer focus. You will enjoy customer friendly, polite, personal service, plus highly effective and prompt attention. Our premises are smart and fully equipped with high standard facilities. We also guarantee clients’ privacy from the media.
Marketing strategy: A passionate attitude, and strong performance with many years’ experience in this specialist field are the main marketing tools we use to sustain our long-term business goal. Many of our customers hear about us by word of mouth. Krua Thai Cookery School was advertised 1 month on Scottish Television during Edinburgh Fringe Festival and also a regular guest chef cooking live on Scottish Television ‘FiveLive’/The Hour/The Fountainbridge show programme. The School had collaborated with The Federation of chef Scotland helping during catering exhibition. We also advertise in various international and local newspapers and magazines, such as BBC Olive Magazine, The Crew Report- superyacht magazine, On Board Magazine- superyacht magazine, Yachting World, Waitrose Magazine, Sainsbury Magazine, Foodie Magazine, Delicious Magazine, Vogue magazine, Holiday courses UK & Ireland, ion Magazine, No. 1 Magazine, Vogues, The Herald, Edinburgh Evening News, The Scotsman, The Sunday Times, The Herald and Post, Prevue Cinema magazine, Daily Record and Uptown Magazine.
Our students: Each year our students are on average 70% male and 30% female, both professionals and non-professionals (category A and B). They come from all over the UK and the rest of the world, from as far afield as America, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxemburg, Malaysia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Trinidad and Zimbabwe.
Our professional students: are high calibre, for the most part, executive chefs, development chefs, food technologists, house managers, butlers, private chefs and sous chefs from various organisations such as boutique hotels, hotel chains, food manufacturers, airlines, yachts, and up-market bars and restaurants.
Our non-professional students: cover a wide variety of interesting careers and we have taught: accountants, architects, bankers, business tycoons, chairmen, chief executives, comedians, company directors, creative directors, dentists, developers, doctors, editors, engineers, estate managers, film producers, film stars, financiers, firefighters, hotel proprietors, housewives, international professional gamblers, IT consultants, jazz singers, journalists, lairds, landscape architects, lawyers, lecturers, managers, musicians, nurses, opera singers, personal executives, physiotherapists, pilots, professional motor racing drivers, professional golfers, professional jet skiers, recruitment directors, scientists, pharmacists, quantity surveyors, sales representative directors and teachers. All our students thoroughly enjoy our service, as evidenced by our testimonials.
Community: The school has supported various organisations and fund raising events, staff development programmes, National food safety week, Minority Ethnic Carers of Older People Project (MECOPP), healthy eating for parents in deprived areas, learning week programme for the Fire Brigade, Crime stop project, schools fund raising and other associations and charities.
Organizations with whom we have collaborated:
- We have had various articles written about the School by; the Daily Express; Business a.m.; The Herald, The Scotsman, the Evening News and the Sunday Times and we appeared in ‘Sawasdee’, the in-flight magazine of Thai Airways International. The School has also received an excellent report from Food & Travel Magazine as “Top of the Class”.
- Krua Thai Cookery is a regular on ‘cooking live’ on Scottish Television: The Hour, The Fountainbridge Show and Live at Five.
- Rujira works for the world famous chef Albert Roux for his special events such as world class tennis championships in London and other parts of the UK.
- Rujira has been invited to work as the private, specialist chef for planning and implementing various theme buffets and special banquets for several European executives. Our clients include the international presidents and other chief executives of the Hilton International Group. The menus presented have included top quality traditional Thai cuisine using superior food presentation techniques and including the Royal Thai culinary art of fruit and vegetable carving.
- We were honoured to work with the Hilton International Group in implementing a special buffet for 300 delegates from all over the world for the launch of Ms. Saigon in Edinburgh.
- We provided the catering for 750 guests at the prestigious Edinburgh International Festival – Perrier Comedy Awards ceremony with special Thai canapés and stunning food presentation.
- The School has also featured several times on Scottish TV and Grampian TV’s food and drink programme ‘Air A Bhord’.
- Our clients for flexible training/food consultancy/food implementation/executive lunch/dinner/team building include: Caledonian Hilton Hotel, Hilton Dublin, Hilton Craigendarroch in Aberdeen, Holiday Inn, Delta Group-Sweden, Food distributors, manufacturers for all UK supermarkets (such as M&S, Sainsburys, Tesco, Waitrose, Asda), RBS UK executives, PKF finance co., Capital Credit Union, WL Gore, Maximillion & San Frontier event companies, various small luxury house hotels, up market Cookery School and up-market bars and restaurants.
- We were honoured to take part in a fruit and vegetable carving demonstration at King James Thistle Hotel, Edinburgh organised by the Tourism Authority of Thailand during the launch of “Amazing Thailand”.