HOME STAY – KRUA THAI COOKERY SCHOOL – A SUPERIOR PLACE YOU CAN TRUST – SHORT OR LONG STAY AVAILABLE.
- Type of accommodation
- The rent cost.
- Washing clothes
- Cooking time – kitchen
- How easy to rent accommodation in Edinburgh and bed sit meaning
- Krua Thai is a member of many accommodation agencies
- House rules
- Police registration
- Talk to us
- Frequent ask questions
- Our guests – who are they?
- Taxi – Do you wish to be picked up/drop off at airport
- The reason to choose Krua Thai Cookery School host group.
1. Type of accommodation: The hosts stay/live in the house. The host does the general cleaning. You only keep you room tidy.
2. Location: All Krua Thai host families are within a few minutes walk of a bus stop. There are several bus routes ensuring buses run approximately every 10 minutes throughout the day and 15-20 minutes at night. It takes only 15 -20 minutes by bus to reach the city centre. Edinburgh has excellent transport link. There are buses evverywhere run every 10 mins. Buses run almost 24 hours, except Sunday with less frequent. Please check location from Google before you book if you are happy or not.
Krua Thai located on south side, main road, bus stop in front of the house. We are near Kings Buildings – Edinburgh university.
3. Mentor: Rujira Herd – The course leader will be your mentor, so you don’t feel alone while in Edinburgh. Ru will give you all information and take you to see your place/study to see better picture rather than just a map.
4. The rent: Long and short term price is certainly different. Our price for rent is per person. Edinburgh is not cheap to stay and council tax is high. We paid over £3,000 per year. excluded electricity, gas, waste, plastic for recycle,rubbish,, sewage, water, wi-fi, insurance to provide quick service over £700/year for our guests, plus maintenance cost each year. Low rent in Edinburgh you will get a shock when you see in real. I cannot believe myself how people in 21 century live in such a low standard.
5. Meal: You provide you own food, we have space fridge for you.
6. Washing: Free washing once a week as day time as we use sola system and you provide you own washing powder. We have dry room.
7, Cooking time- kitchen: Shared kitchen. You can cook provided you clean the burners to original, not leave messy. We have cleaning material for you. You can organise time you want to cook, but not at the same time it will be too much traffic in the kitchen.
8. It is shared bathroom/s : Yes, it’s hard to get private bathroom in old house, but if each has given induction how to use bathroom. Therefore, each guest should enjoy using clean bathroom every time.
Clean bathroom: As shared bathroom/s, you must be flexible. Have a shower in the evening before 9 pm. not in the morning when every need quick bathroom to go out to study/work.
9. How easy to rent accommodation in Edinburgh and bed sit meaning.
Superior quality and feel at home in Edinburgh. Krua Thai Cookery School host families offers straight forward service to save time to our guests. We offer short or long-term high-quality B&B accommodation straight forward, in the form of a bedsit (for those who are not from the west, bedsit means a bedroom with desk and chair, shared a super clean bathroom and kitchen). Living room for the host to keep their privacy. However, you are welcome to come for a chat but not all the time. Our price for rent is per person. We do not accept extra guest in your bedroom as extra guest can be too many in the house. For those who have a boy/girlfriend/partner to visit you, please book the hotel unless you are happy to pay £30/night for using our facility and that all our hosts are running as a business.
About accommodation in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is one of high-cost of living cities in Europe. If you wish to stay in good place, good host, high standard accommodation, good area. Each host has similar house rules. The hose will give you induction. The rent can be up to £900/month for short term ie. 1 – 3 months. Long-term over 6 months can be from £650/pp/month. This caused many researchers/PhD. students from abroad face with the high-cost of living and prepare to pay extra from the budget they get from their companies/universities. For this reason, we are confident to say that Krua Thai offers you the best price for a high standard place, short term.
EDINBURGH: It is not easy to find a nice place at a bargain price in Edinburgh not the same as your city unless you wish to pay a high price. Krua Thai is the best place and simple straight forward contract compare to complicate estate agents. We have a quality place to stay at a bargain price. June, July August (over 2 m. visitors need beds) are summer holiday, the accommodation is the most expensive time to rent as it is During Edinburgh International Festival.
RENT THE PLACE IN EDINBURGH: YOU NEED TO BOOK 4-6 MONTHS AHEAD TO GET THE PLACE. Choose the host that you can trust like Krua Thai. Last minute booking if you wish hassle. You can search for ‘ flat for rent’ there are many ‘Estate Agents’ to rent the flat in Edinburgh, but you need to book and see the place, this might not convenient for you. It is not straight forward like Krua Thai where we cut all hassle for you. If you wish to rent a flat. There are plenty to rent, but their contract will be at least 6 months, they won’t allow you to let unless you come to see the place and sign the contract. It is not a quick fix as you may think. You are free to contact to discuss this matter. We are more than happy to help.
10. Krua Thai s a member of many accommodation agencies – please click
We are super host: Airbn – High quality bedsit in good area
11. HOUSE RULES: If you agree with Krua Thai house rules. You will be ok with other hosts house rules as they have less than us.
We offer top quality, comfortable and excellent value residential accommodation in Edinburgh for solo travelers who are looking for a quiet, safe place like home. You can use the kitchen, washing free once a week, high-speed wifi throughout the house. The School policy offers you the best accommodation(high-quality home and interior, affluent location, close to bus stop, to your work,/study) at the best family (very kind, clean, open-minded, considerate, generous, educated, professional, manners, empathy) and the best value for money compared to quality). The various houses in our scheme are all located close by in an affluent suburb (some with parking space off the main road), within an easy walk of Edinburgh University ( 5 mins). Bus stop to Roslin Institute (no. 37 every 1/2 hour which is very good to go to a village, Royal Infirmary hospital (no.7) and the city center ( 15 mins by bus, 35 mins. walk). No pets allowed. A total of 14 hosts – 28 bedrooms in the scheme. We are looking for conservative, tidy professional/students /guests that show respect and empathy to our hosts, who do not spend too much time in cooking. Each host will have no more than 2-3 guests.
Therefore, we ask our guests not to bring your guest(s) to stay or entertain in the host house to invade our host privacy. Krua Thai host family have a strict policy on courtesy and moral principle as this to ensure our guest(s) are happy throughout. (for young non-native speaker: Courtesy means polite manner, polite behaviour, courteous, respectful. The moral principle means empathy(think of others feeling, respect, consideration, know the right and wrong that are accepted by social group/individual), not to take advantage or make a good use of others), therefore we expect our guest(s) to have the same quality.
12. POLICE REGISTRATION
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Stateless or travelling on a non-national document (i.e. Travel Document).
13. Talk to us
Please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com Tel: 0131 664 3036, 00 44 (0)7833458219 for LINE/what’s up or via Skype (Rujira Herd/Krua Thai Cookery School) at the time to suit both parties by appointment only.
14, Frequent ask questions
- How many people will be sharing within the house: Each host has 2 spare rooms, therefore each house will have 2 lodgers, the owner, husband, and wife which each house/host has 4 bedrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen, utility room, 2 bathrooms. Most guests here are from university ie. visiting professors, researchers, doctors, engineers, lawyers, pilots, Krua Thai international students/clients.
- How much for the rent: From £650/pp/month, or some host will charge £195 – £280/week/pp/week depending on the duration of your stay, host, except July, August summer time.
- Bed sheets and duvet: We provide you quality bed in all rooms, new set for each guest, quality bed, bet protector, duvet/pillow protector, towels to ensure high standard throughout your stay.
- Breakfast: You provide your own breakfast. You will have your own cupboard, fridge, shared kitchen cook at the time to suit all, but not at the same time.
- More photos of accommodation: Please send your private e-mail and ask for Pdf. we will send to you all.
15. Our guests
Most of our guests are visiting professors, researchers, PhD. doctors, post-doc, exchange/internship students or other professionals from around the world. This type of mature guests love our place and are perfect guests. Therefore, we expect especially young students to have the same quality: respect to the house rules , take care our property and think of others.
All Krua Thai hosts have strict rules to comply especially moral principle and courtesy. We want you to be happy here. If you leave us happy (100/100% means you are our perfect guest and we thanks for this and respect/understand our house rules. If you leave Krua Thai with unhappy (2/98% age 20-23 yrs old) because you don’t want to be charged for ie. having a guest/boyfriend/girlfriend stay over many nights at the time to suit you or item damaged means you didn’t follow our house rules. We regret it is your problem you have created and you are responsible not to take advantage our hosts by expecting things for free or ‘overstep’ (to go beyond limit what is considered proper, acceptable or correct).
16. Taxi – If you wish to be picked up from airport
We only offer this service for your convenient and have a chance to say yes or no. You don’t need to choose us and we inform you all information either by bus, taxi. We offer cheaper transport to and from Edinburgh airport at £25/ per trip/pp* or £50 for both pick up and take you back/drop off. normal price £27-£30 depending on which route/traffic. Payment in advance or cash on arrival. Approximately 20 minutes from the airport to the School (other than rush hour). Please send: airline name, flight number, arrival time and departure time via e-mail/in via e-mail for our records.
The host will meet you approx.30 mins./up to 45 mins. After your arrival time. We will check your flight status. Meeting point: Ground floor at ‘Easyjet Customer service – Very close to ‘International Arrivals 1. (NOT the check-in desk). If you don’t know/not sure, don’t waste your time to find yourself – ASK STAFF for quick answer. Edinburgh airport is small only 2 floors: You will text to the host that you are landed, then text the host if you are at the Easyjet customer service. The host will come to pick you up . However, there may be the traffic jam. Please wait until you see the host. DON’T PANIC.! Edinburgh is very small city. You won’t get lost. We will communicate via what’s app.
BOOKING YOUR FLIGHT: If possible. Avoid not to arrive evening around 5-7 pm. and avoid to leave morning around 10 am. as 7-9 am is traffic jam.. from home it’s rush hour/ traffic jam, This is not inconvenient as time can be wasted.
17. The reason to choose Krua Thai accommodation
It is Krua Thai policy to ensure both lodgers/their family/parents feel safe while living in Edinburgh and to know who you will be staying with. Krua Thai will take care all of your worries to ensure worry and stress free to all guests..
All our host families comply with Krua Thai standards. We picked only good place and good quality accommodation. Our hosts are very friendly, professionals (ie. professor, doctor, lawyer, banker, teacher, nurse etc). They have been strictly selected by the Krua Thai Cookery School. You will be made very welcome and at home. Several of our host families also host overseas students from Applied Language courses at Edinburgh University.
- We guarantee to secure your place 100 %. No cancellation in the last minute. As other hosts, you may face last minute cancellation. This will cause you hassle.
- Effective contact for your benefits: Check with the contract, bills, council tax, wifi, how to share the cleaning. At Krua Thai we offer you honest, straightforward, stress-free and very sensible contract. You don’t need to waste your time and money to come to check the place. We will sort out everything and ensure you receive the best service from us.
- Book direct at Krua Thai to avoid commission hassle and secure 100% for accommodation. Your money will be 100% safe.
- We guarantee that accommodation just exactly the same as photos sent to you and shown on our facebook/website/airbnb/wimdu/homestay/com/spareroom.com/Erasmusu/.
- FREE STAY FOR UP TO 21 DAYS IF WE FAIL OUR PROMISE: NO NEED TO COME TO CHECK OUR PLACE IF YOU LIVE FAR AWAY. Our accommodation is by far beyond general standard from other places because of our professional training chefs most of them from superyachts. Our training cost average £650/pp/day as private tuition. For this reason, our place has to fit our clients. If you get general universities or students, other landlords’ accommodation. In no way, you will see the same standard as Krua Thai offers you. You might be little shocked how simple they offer to guests as everything is cheap, at least the bathroom is clean on the day of the first visit.
- HELP YOU TO FIND YOUR LONG-TERM PLACE. We also give you a good reference provided you are good lodger when Landlords /agent ask before they decided who they will take, this way to ensure their property will be well looked after by you. For those who are new to Edinburgh. You will be well looked after here. We will help you to find your long-term accommodation ie. 1 bedroom flat on your own and will give you
- Perfect for professional male or female solo travellers.
- For those who are looking for some assistance, a nice, super clean and safe place to stay and those who like a homely atmosphere. You will be well looked after and full support and assistant to what you need help especially illness, urgent matter.
- Our price is much lower than local hotels, hostel and other B&B accommodation.
- Most of our guests are of a professional status such as visiting professors, researchers and PhD students.
- Booking is on a first come first served basis.
- To ensure the highest standards are maintained throughout, all host families require to know who are our guests before we can accept anyone. Proof of identity, that can easily be checked, is essential. Please include this information with your application.
- Check-in and check-out date required when booking. Short term stays are not easy to get in Edinburgh and a lot more expensive than what Krua Thai offers you as most landlords want long term at least 6 months. Therefore the price we offer short term is very close to the long-term price.
- Provide the following information: your full name, career, studies, photo and any social media links as you know who we are and we don’t want mystery person in our place.
any health issues that you deem relevant and the reason for your visit to Edinburgh.
- We will send you our ‘Guest Application/Registration Form’ with our terms to which you must agree before we can accept you.
- Visiting the place. Visit us last and compare our place to others. Your visit to each place don’t forget to ask how much you have to pay for council house rate, heat & light & wifi bills, Share work for cleaning as sometimes you will hear your friends complained the s/he always clean the house/toilet when another flatmate never do the work. Stay with Krua Thai you don’t need to do or share cleaning and no council tax fee, We do all the cleaning in public area but your responsibility to clean your bedroom at least once a week, This way you have a lot of your peaceful time, plus you stay in one of the best and kind hosts in Edinburgh..
- Our bathrooms are monitored throughout the day. We will do our best to ensure super clean at all time, but we are looking for guests that know how to keep the bathroom clean too!. You might see our little request note now and again if we see the bathroom is not spotless clean which is not fair to other guests.
- FULL REFUND POLICY: We are an organisation plus we fully own the property plus we only choose our hosts or landlord’s with good, kind people by heart. They are all professionals with good career and own the house. You can search about us from Google for both Rujira herd or Krua Thai Cookery School. Your money paid will be 100% safe here. A full refund will be made on the day if we fail to keep your booking or accommodation is not from what we described.
Please submit your application form before booking. We need to know you before we accept you.
After booking: On your arrival please provide:
- A copy of your passport
PRICE: From £39 – £70/pp/night. £250 – £295/week/pp. from £650 – £1200/calendar month/pp. Different prices relate to duration, location, low or high season. August from £900 – 1200/pp/month. Full payment will be made according to your check-in and check-out date even you stay less days no discount will be made if you decide to leave sooner. Please ensure your date is absolute correct to your plan.
Price for extra guest: £30/pp/night even stay in your room. Please inform discuss well in advance as the host may not available to take extra guest as there might be already too many in the house. You have to consider this as well not just think only for yourself. The best way you book other guesthouse or hotel for your guest.
HOW WE CHARGE THE RENT: Monthly, weekly or daily. Please choose to pay and inform Ru at Krua Thai only. If you rent monthly you must pay monthly even you stay less days. If you pay weekly 7 days, you must pay even you stay less days. This to avoid any argument and complain that we are wrong.
Wifi, hot water, gas, electricity, tax approx. £50 month/pp will be added into bills (our house tax according to UK law – as band G : £3,050/ per year to pay the government excluded the cost of electricity, gas, waste, hot water, heating, wifi. You will notice that cost of living in Europe/UK are higher compared to other parts of the world for those who live outside UK. ) Full payment will be paid for a short-term under 6 months, long-term will be paid 2 months in advance, then monthly, plus deposit £400/pp. according to our terms. Deposit means if any damaged, breach of contract will be no refund of this part. Please avoid this.
NOTE: Payment will be made in full as we don’t need to keep asking for payment and you save money for bank transfer. Our house(at Krua Thai) temperature approx. 19 C. Heater is on from 7 am. (the room will be fully warm by 8 am.)– 11 pm. Our place is not suitable for those who get up early, wish extra heater runs 2-3 am, and request for extra heater in winter. This is very normal for a typical middle-class house in UK/Europe. We don’t turn on 24 hours because electricity/gas is very expensive unlike other parts of the world. For those who are used to with European, you will be very happy with our high standard of living.
DEPOSIT: £400/pp for . or give us your currency for this section.
Cancellation before agreed time: Full rental payment will be made plus deposit.
A receipt: Will be sent, please check and notify if incorrect for both parties records.
Can a landlord keep your deposit?
Most landlords will ask you to pay a deposit and they have a good reason for asking for this. A deposit is like insurance against something going wrong in the property. However, it’s important to remember that this money is your money and the landlord should only keep it if you have caused damage in the property, you owe rent to the landlord or you have failed to keep to the tenancy agreement and this means that the landlord has lost money.
Reasons for keeping the deposit
Your landlord can make reasonable deductions from the deposit if:
- the property has been damaged
- the rent hasn’t been paid
- items are missing
- the property needs to be cleaned
- you left before the end of your tenancy.
Even if your landlord has a valid reason for keeping some of your deposit, you should get the rest back. Your landlord cannot usually deduct money from your deposit for advertising or agency fees to re let the property. Your landlord can only do this if you left your tenancy early.
Your landlord may try to withhold some or all of your deposit for a different reason, such as having a noisy party in the property. Your landlord cannot do this. Landlords can only take money for any financial loss they have suffered.
– See more at http://www.housingadviceni.org/advice-private-tenants/can-landlord-keep-your-deposit#sthash.FUQXG0Vi.dpuf
HOUSE RULES. To ensure no misunderstanding, but less than Japanese house rules.
Should you wish to stay with us. We ask for your kind cooperation. People with good discipline/standard should have no problem with our house rules as you normally do at your home. The rules are set and will be monitored and take corrective action without notice because we faced problems in previous, but for guests who have excellent discipline/mature, empathy and consideration will enjoy our place. For those who are not neat/tidy especially using the bathroom, our place will be the best for you to improve your discipline. You will learn a lot from us.
About the Hosts: We provide you professional, kind, open-minded, helpful(to a certain degree) hosts. All of them are well traveled, educated and professional. No matter how old they are. British people are very modern and young at heart. They are the best people and experienced to communicate with better some young at your age where they can be in their own world. The host will provide you safe, clean place to stay. Please remember the host provide you accommodation at low cost compared to B&B, please say thanks to the host for accepting you to be in their place. The host is not a hotel where you can demand full service. British culture: For those who are from culture differences: If you want to enjoy your stay throughout.
Good manners: The DOS AND THE DON’TS: and well-trained people don’t ask for age, income, how much things cost, nosy (showing, probing others affair/personal information) with their personal information. If you will be late, tell the host, say hello and good morning when you see the host not ignore them. Talk to the host ie. weather, Edinburgh attraction etc…not to run away from them. This show normal people would do.
KITCHEN: All hosts are shared kitchen, you can cook provided you take responsible to clean the hob and area after used not to leave and let others clean for you, when the kitchen is free from others or book your time to cook, by 11 pm. for safety reason. Please clean immediately after used and before your eating time.
The sink: There are steps of cleaning:
There are a few lodgers left the kitchen untidy. You ask for your coorperation if you wish to book our place.
- Don’t let water run too strong as water will spread and wet around the sink, this will damage the work top in the long run.
- Always wipe immediately when you see wet around the work to keep work top in good condition.
- The end of your work. Please let water runs clean the sink till no soapy, take all debris to rubbish bin (scattered pieces of rubbish or remain).
- Please don’t leave untidy kitchen, this will cause annoyance other guests who wishes to use after you!
- Please use clothes and spray provided clean and ready for next guest.
1. Please take off your shoes! It’s unhygienic and leave at the front door at all times for hygiene reasons. We don’t want to tell you again on this, so please don’t ignore especially the kitchen has white floor, it gets dirty quick, and unfair to others who takes shoes off. . We provide slippers for all guests or bring your own slippers that not heavy and noisy. Please show respect to the host and do not abuse their kindness to you. You will be charged at £20 per time if you break this rules especially come at late night thought no one sees or can’t be bothered to take off shoes. We reserve the right to terminate the contract if you breach our terms.
2. Please BE QUIET AT ALL TIMES: Especially EARLY MORNING AND LATE NIGHT such as closing doors gently, train yourself to walk up and down stairs silently -please do not run, as the noise will disturb other guests, playing music, using the phone.
How do I walk up/down the stairs silently?
Walking silently is an art that takes a little to master. Learn how to move without making a sound. Walk with your front part of your feet, not your heel, you will notice how quiet it is. Try walking on the balls of your feet, not your heel and using your toes for balance. You can even try side-stepping on the edges of the stair with your entire foot.
3. Renting contact for 1 person only as you registered only 1 name. No additional guests allowed in the house to keep the host privacy avoid too much traffic and bathroom, cooking time. Any guest you have must stay in B&B or hotel. All our hosts are very kind and treat our guests politely and fairly beyond general hosts could offer. For those who come from different culture. In return we expect you to respect our host privacy by not invading their space or having your guests when you want, especially undergrad. We reserve the right to terminate the rent if you breach our terms.
If you need to have a guest to stay in your bedroom you must organise with the host in advance to ensure the host is available and whether they are happy to accept your guest or not as they might have their guests on that date it will be too much traffic for the host especially kitchen and bathroom time and that you must have cash ready to pay £30/pp/night to the host without the host asking for the money.
For those who are young students and have parents visit: Please search for Brtish etiquette and manners on appointment. Culture differences might cause conflict, especially for younger students/undergrad. If you wish to be happy throughout your stay you must follow our house rules and do not set the rules to suit yourself when staying with the host. We welcome family visit, but please organise well in advance at the time to suits both the host and the parents. You don’t just turn up to suit you or send a text the host may be busy and not have time to read. The host might not be ready to entertain. It will be the most awkward situation ‘as invading our host privacy’ if you turn up without an appointment.
4. No smoking/alcohol/drugs in the house. No guest to entertain. Extra guest to stay overnight with you will be charged at £30/pp/night (exclude from Mid July- August as Edinburgh festival) please discuss with the host well in advance, this will not be available every time you want, depending on the host decision. You will need to inform the host and pay cash, please avoid this.
5. No drinking, no toasters/coffee/tea maker in the bedroom as a bag of tea can make a mark on carpet(it happended before from carless guest), no eating food/tea/coffee in bed as it will cause duvet/bed sheet, carpet dirty either by accident and you will be liable to pay for the cost of cleaning or changing the new carpet. TAKE AWAY TIME: CURFEW BY 10 PM. for security reasons and we don’t want a delivery to ring the bell late night to disturb others.
STAIN FROM YOUR CARELESSNESS: Please take extra care on the host property. Do not have pen/colour on your bed/seat. You are responsible and pay for any damage. Avoid any leaking pen/colour. Do not put a pen in your trousers back pocket this might be leaking and damage the host seat/bed. Any damaged please inform the host immediately, they will resolve the problem.
6. Any guest under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed entry to the house.
7. Please show your consideration, this is not the hotel where they charge full price and according to seasons. Your rent does not mean you can use the light/gas without caring the host expenses. Please be sparing and aware of the cost of energy / in the use of energy as it is very expensive (eg. do not open window when the heating on.). Do not turn the light on when sleep. Failure to do so, the host reserves the right to charge at the end of your check-out at £5/night You pay the rent does not mean you can use whatever you want. Extra heat will be paid at £50/pp/month if you need more heat in your room. Our central heating should be sufficient enough our central heating is on from 7.30 am – 11 pm. Our place is high standard compared to many box standard accommodations for rent.
8. Please keep the bathroom clean and tidy after use ready for nexuser. For those who are from the hot country. Please be aware that Hot water is expensive, unlike your country. Do not let the shower run when not in use as it creates too much steam and causes dampness. We monitor the cleanliness, if toilet dirty, we have a brush for you to clean. Don’t let others clean your mess. Please put extra effort – Clear your hair fall out both in bathroom and bedroom as hosts often complained cleaning after lodgers.
9. Please ensure the bathroom is tidy at all times. Please spend a few munites before you leave as it is for other guests not just for you. Therefore please keep toiletries in your bedroom not lying around in the bathroom and hang your towels over the radiator in your bedroom to keep dry and ready for the next morning.
10. Curfew 2 am. generally. Our houses are not suitable for thoseguest who regularly party late at night.
11. Cooking time: before 10.30 pm. to avoid noise, You must clean before your meal to get into good discipline. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink, dirty pan, dirty burners behind and let others clean your mess is certainly not acceptable in this place. If problem, you will be notified by us.
NO COOKING/OVEN AFTER 11 PM, as one of our lodgers forgot to switch off oven till the next morning, this is not acceptable for health and safety. but you can use a microwave as disturb others bed time /cooking smell/for safety reasons. In previous someone cooked late night and left the oven on until the host discovered in the morning breakfast. This is not acceptable and dangerous. Always use placemat at all times to avoid scratch/damage on worktop/surface. The kitchen is free to cook at any time provided you clearn the burners if no one use, mostly from 6.30 pm. You can cook and keep in the fridge and heat up when required. The sink must be clean after used at all times. Or ask the host, you can cook before or after them. Give them privacy, avoid cooking at the same time. Late night food should be prepared and ready to eat/heat up. NO cooking, using oven from 11 pm – 9 am because of unexpected noise as it will disturb those who are sleeping.
MOBILE PHONE/SKYPE: Please be aware especially late night talk. You must think of others who are in bed/studying. Please send a message instead. NO talk after 10 pm. please use half of your voice as some talk too loud. Avoid talk late night as disturb people sleeping. If you wish to talk please go to bathroom downstairs utility room, make sure you shut all doors this you can talk and not disturb others.
12. Bath time: Please made before 10.30 pm. to avoid noise and to ensure that we checked the bathroom by 10.30 to ensure everything is in good condition for the next guests. PLEASE TURN FAN ON AND FAN OFF, LIGHT OFF, NO WET FLOOR, TURN SHOWER OFF PROPERLY. We are looking for guest who take care and look after and respect our property and other guests. We will leave a note immediately if we see any careless guests ie. did not turn off shower properly, floor wet, dirty toilet…these guests created too much hassle that we have to keep an eye on everything like kids.
13. Appearance standard: The School reserves the right to control our public image and that to match with our regular professional guests, therefore ‘No facial jewelry, no nose jewelry, visible tattoo’ in our place.
14. Termination: The School reserves the right to terminate your contract if we faced any difficulties with your situation/behaviour/breached our house rules. No deposit will be refunded.
15. It is lodger’s responsible: Although the host’s place is safe and has their insurance, it is lodger’s responsible to have insurance to cover his/herself and belongings. Clean /dust/hoover once a week especially on your day off to keep your room clean and in good condition as your first seen. Any damaged caused by you will be paid for.
16. Washing/ironing: Once a week (your own washing liquid). During the day is preferable as we use Sola system. You must set time to dry your clothes not to leave in the washing machine and let other dry for you.
17. Bedsit: All our hosts are available as bedsit (For those who come other parts of the world bedsit in the UK. means you have a bedroom and share kitchen. A living room is for the host to keep their privacy, indeed, you are welcome now and again, but not all the time).
ABOUT BRITISH CULTURE:
Know the culture when you are in each country is important. For those who are from other parts of the world where you don’t do below. If you want to blend well with British culture. This what good manners British/European do. I am aware that some countries manners are so different from British/European, some don’t have ie. write a thank you letter, or go with an empty hand when you are invited to a meal/dinner. Here are samples:
For those who are from a certain part of the world where a handshake is not your culture. We recommend you to do handshake every time when you met new people/be introduced with either male or female when first met with the host or your flatmate to show your friendly/polite manner and say friendly ‘ hello/good morning/afternoon/evening, I am.(name) please to meet you’ , How do you enjoy Edinburgh…etc… (for your flatmate) and ‘ Thank you for having me (to the host). Do not ignore if you wish to blend well with European culture. For those who are not good with people skills, you should follow by some talks ie. Have you been here long? what do you study, how long will you be here which is better than silent. https://www.thespruce.com/handshake-etiquette-p2-1216847 The School encourage everyone to be super friendly member.
Krua Thai wants to keep you in good relation to our hosts. Although the hosts don’t expect anything from you, a little present (no need to be expensive is a good idea to consider when you first arrived at the host’s house as part of your say ‘ Thank you for having me’. A little present is part of European style as a good gesture and icebreaker ( icebreaker: A game/joke/item that makes people who do not know each other feel more relaxed/blend well together). Please let us know if you don’t have. Krua Thai will provide the hospitality gift for your to bring to your host. Indeed, you don’t need to give anything when you stay at Krua Thai. This section we mean other hosts that we send you to.
THANK YOU LETTER
To keep in good values and a good will gesture to the host. A thank you letter is part of good manners in many countries and a thank you letter is part of well-trained British culture after your departure. No need to buy a card, just a note on the paper. If you wish to use a card. Krua Thai has a thank you card avaiable. Please ask.
All of our guests are very intelligent/strong academic. However, cultural differences can be a problem. For those who come from other parts of the world, we noticed some have different eating etiquette. Now you are here in Europe, so ‘Do what the Romans do’ by following the culture. It is difficult for us to tell you directly as you may be offended to be told how to eat quietly especially when we all sit together for social eating and one eat very noisy without knowing him/herself, we guess you have never been trained to do especially while eating. European/British culture is eating quietly not eat loudly like some countries. If you want to blend well with European/British culture please practice close your mouth when you chew, not to make noise, slurping when eating and your chewing technique before you come. Even we mentioned on this page, we still see some are still noisy. We feel embarrass to tell then!.
While noisy chewing may not bother you if you eat alone, it may be off-putting to others in some social settings.
Chewing food thoroughly, keeping the mouth closed as you do so, slows things down to a more civilised pace when eating with others. However, while bolting food is ill-mannered, so is making a production out of endless mastication or chewing in an exaggerated manner. The best table manners are always those that no one notices.
Noises Off /No noise, please.
Try to avoid making noises of any kind while eating, either with implements against the plate or teeth or with the actual ingestion of the food, such as slurping soup. Also, in some cultures, a hearty burp after a meal is a sign of appreciation for the good meal in other cultures it’s considered rude such as UK/Europe. Please do not make noise when eating with other guests and it’s difficult to tell you in front of our guests. Please see Eating etiquette, chew the food quietly, British etiquette and customs
Talk to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note when payment: For those who are not good at English the meaning of @ £25/ per trip/pp means: @ = each, £25 per trip per person or £50 pick you up and take you back home. You only sign to stay with us after you are happy with the price, therefore no complain when time to pay the bill.
PAYMENT: PAY KRUA THAI COOKERY SCHOOL: £20 per day will be charged for any delay. Full payment will be made in advance via bank transfer at the time of booking to guarantee your place.
SAMPLE FEEDBACK FROM OUR GUESTS. We are rated as Airbnb Super host. We can send contact e-mail for reference.
“…Ru and Ian made me feel very welcome in their immaculate and well-located house. My room was very spacious and comfortable…” Prof. Carrie from US.
“…Rujira is an extremely helpful and friendly host, who maintains fantastic communications and who really makes her guests feel secure, welcome, and well looked after! Thank you so much…” Professor James – UK.
“…Rujira and Ian and very pleasant and interesting people, and fabulous guests. The house is superb – every detail is thought after. The neighbourhood is very nice. Highly recommended…” Dr. Alvaro – Uruguay.
“…My host Ru was amazing. She answered all of my emails promptly after I requested to stay at one of her properties. She picked me up from the airport took me to my host family which was near by her place. The accommodations were exactly as depicted on the site. Ru, made me a cake to go with my tea. Of course she offered me toast, coffee and the like. There are buses that run along the street of the accommodations straight into town and around the surrounding areas. I prefer to walk. Ru gave me a map and it was about a half hour walk into town, however it may have taken me longer as I stopped to take pictures of the beautiful gardens along my walk and check out the shopping mall/plaza and shops on the way. I arranged to have a cooking class at Ru’s Thai Cookery (Cooking School) and that was amazing. We sat and spoke for hours after. Ru is a very busy woman but she is very accommodating as much as she can be and she really was. The people that I stayed with, Ian and Ann were very pleasant and welcoming. They were home when I dropped my bags in the morning when I arrived and then again in the evening when I came home after being out all day and briefly caught up on the day. I sat with them in the kitchen in the morning as they offered me cereal and toasts, jellies, coffee or tea and talked about the day, etc. It is nice being in such accommodations-meeting the locals, I feel more at home than staying at a huge hotel….It was awesome…” Etty from US.
“…Ru and Ian are just fantastic. The house is really beautiful and my room is quite big and really clean (at least four stars hotel standard). The location is really convenient too, bus stop on sight and easily get to the city center. Ian is really really nice, he gave me really great overview of the history of Edinburgh and pointed out many places to see, we had some nice talking during breakfast as well. Ru is so sweet and considering, moreover, really a good cook! Highly recommend this listing. Amazing value and experience!…” Ryan PhD. student from China.
“…What a wonderful experience staying with one of the Krua host families in Edinburgh. I stayed at Professor Roland and Janet’s house (house number 4). I was coming for a meeting at the Wellcome Trust Center, and the location was just excellent (10 min walk from the Uni). The house was amazing. Really beautiful. Janet was taking care of every single detail. Wonderful breakfast and dinner! And great Thai party at Ru’s place as well! I do thank Ru, Prof. Roland and Janet for being so warm and welcoming and for making me feel like home….” Dr. Anna from Spain.
“….I can’t imagine better place to start my journey in Edinburgh. Ru is amazing person – right from the start she picked me up from airport and served amazing dinner. The room is very clean and all around the house you can feel homely atmosphere. Ru cooking is amazing! I can’t remember when was the last time I have eaten such amazing Thailand food. I love to recommend this house to anyone who is visiting Edinburgh as a perfect place for stay…” Piotr – Software engineer from Poland.
“…Ru was amazing from the start picking me up from the airport and providing me professionally cooked Thai food for lunch. The room is very clean and very well decorated with a homely atmosphere. I would recommend all first time visitors to stay. Ru will take good care of you…” Dr. Nicolas from Singapore.
“…Ru and Ian are wonderful people. I felt at home from the very first day. When I first arrived I was helped with shopping and I was even given a great home cooked dinner. Ru literally has a degree in hospitality! She is delightful to talk to, and her house is beautiful and well kept, not to mention the great views it has! You are close to bus stations and a mall/super market. I would definitely recommend!..” Aded – Princeton University. US.
“…Ru and Ian are wonderful hosts. They have a beautiful home, immaculately clean, and comfortable. Loved our chats at her kitchen counter. Ru can whip up a delicious 2 or 3 course meal in less than 15 minutes. Her skills in the kitchen are quite amazing….” Sheila – Education from Canada
“…Perfect. Beautiful comfy room in lovely, spotlessly clean and well located house. Rujira and Ian are wonderful hosts: friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. And I was fortunate enough to be able to ask Rujira to cook her fantastic Thai dinners twice. Feel very lucky to have stayed there and would definitely stay again given the chance! Many thanks Rujira and Ian!…” Dr. Melani NGO Director – Panama.
“..I had a wonderful stay with Ru and Ian. Both were marvellous hosts that made me feel very welcome in their home. This is much more than somewhere to merely sleep, they really do look after you. It’s impossible to enter the kitchen without Ru making sure you’ve had something to eat and drink! I’d recommend staying here in an instant and will definitely be putting friends in touch when they visit Edinburgh…” Stacy – PhD. student from Wales
“…Rujira is a very friendly and helpful person. The house is as it was described on Airbnb. Rujira had the patience and friendliness to show me the neighborhood and teach me how Edinburgh works. Furthermore she advised me on many aspects of the city. A lovely city. I am more than happy with her and the house. I felt like I was at home. I recommend her houses to have a lovely stay at Edinburgh…” Dr Nicolas – Argentina
Accommodation at Krua Thai Cookery School: Pdf can be sent to you for bigger photos.
Photos below are high-quality bed equivalent to good 3-star hotel: Desk in all rooms.