HOMESTAY – KRUA THAI COOKERY SCHOOL – A SUPERIOR PLACE YOU CAN TRUST – SHORT OR LONG STAY AVAILABLE.
NOTE: During COVID 19. the government guidelines keep changing. You will be informed of the latest news via email.
ABOUT US: http://www.kruathai.co.uk/about-us/
HOW TO CONTACT: Meeting or viewing by appointment only. Please introduce yourself, where you work location, tel. , the reason to stay, check-in and check-out date etc. via: email@example.com We will select the most suitable host to suit your office/study location.
We also run an accommodation business with nothing to do with cooking class. Students and professionals can book our room.
For those who are young and wish to feel at home while staying abroad. What parents say:
We thank you well for your receipt of payment and your kind message.
Already before his(her, its) departure for Edinburgh, we knew that Victor had the favour of an available and devoted person. And it confirmed upon his/her arrival. We are very happy to know him(it) with a family so pleasant. We are very grateful to you for the good care which you lavish him(her): moral comfort and small dishes. We would have the pleasure to visit Edinburgh, but the time will miss us. On the other hand, if you had to stay in France, you would not fail to come to see us. It would be with great pleasure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if need. Victor is a kind boy, I do not think that you will meet big concerns with him. A problem of pillow doubtless!
We have students from around the world with cultural differences and life styles. You will follow UK system and culture:
- Free Referencing should you need one.
- Free check-in
- Free Inventory
- Free Administration
- Late payment will be charged
- Lost key: will be replaced at a cost
- 1-month security deposit – if you don’t damage things. The money will be refunded a day before you check-out. By law 7 days. No security deposit will be refunded if you leave one month before the deadline agreement/agreed date because the host can’t find a guest in time.
- For international students: https://studylinks.com/british-etiquette-a-guide-for-international-students/
READ OUR HOUSE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SIGN APPLICATION/REGISTRATION/CONTRACT FORM.
- Type of accommodation:
- The rent cost and security deposit
- Washing clothes
- Cooking time – kitchen
- Bathroom rules
- How easy to rent accommodation in Edinburgh and bed sit meaning
- Krua Thai is a member of many accommodation agencies
- House rules
- Police registration
- Talk to us/Visit /view the accommodation
- Frequent ask questions
- Our guests – who are they?
- Transport/ Taxi – Do you wish to be picked up/drop off at the airport
- The reason to choose Krua Thai Cookery School host group.
- Check-in, check-out terms: A copy of passport, take all your belongs
- Payment terms, extra guests, price.
The basic cost of living in Edinburgh according to Edinburgh University: You will notice that our superior accommodation is the best value and fair.
What you should look for: Edinburgh is one of the high costs of living in the UK. You should look for the main essential: safe, secure, good standard facilities/good host, not the size and cheap rent especially those who stay short term. The 1 bedroom flat can cost up to £2,000. Please do not expect a big size if you have a low budget to match.
We have many hosts for you to choose from. Each host has an accommodation portfolio. We will send it to you.
1. Type of accommodation: The hosts stay/live- in the house. You have your own bedroom no share with anyone. there will be 1 or 2 students /guests only in each house and the host. The host does the general cleaning. You only keep your room tidy.
2. Location: All Krua Thai host families are within a few minutes’ walk of a bus stop. There are several bus routes ensuring buses run approximately every 10 minutes throughout the day and 15-20 minutes at night. It takes only 15 -20 minutes by bus to reach the city center. Edinburgh has an excellent transport link. There are buses everywhere run every 10 mins. Buses run almost 24 hours, except Sunday with less frequent. Please check the location from Google before you book if you are happy or not.
Krua Thai located on the south side, main road, bus stop in front of the house. We are near Kings Buildings – Edinburgh university.
3. Mentor: Rujira Herd – The course leader will be your mentor, so you don’t feel alone while in Edinburgh. Ru will give you all the information and take you to see your place/study to see a better picture rather than just a map.
4. The rent:
DAILY: We have a minimum of 2 days stay:
- From £39 – £70/pp/night various hosts various prices, various rooms.
- August during Edinburgh Fringe from £60 – £75/pp/night. Please avoid this month.
WEEKLY: 10% Discount from daily price.
MONTHLY: From £600-£900/pp/month. for a couple in one bedroom:£800-£1,200. Depending on the accommodation, location, short or long term (cheaper).
Full monthly payment will be paid no exempt even you are on holiday. Payment must be made in full for under 6 months or can be organised every 2 months payment excluded security deposit. Our price for rent is per person. Edinburgh is not cheap to stay and council tax is high. We paid over £3,000 per year. excluded electricity, gas, waste, plastic for recycle, rubbish,, sewage, water, wi-fi, insurance to provide quick service over £700/year for our guests, plus maintenance cost each year. Low rent in Edinburgh you will get a shock when you see in real.
Security deposit: 1-month deposit.
Can I use my deposit to cover my last month’s rent?
No. You’re not legally allowed to withhold your last month’s rent in lieu of getting your deposit back. Krua Thai will pay the deposit back within 7 days normally within 28 days by law.
5. Meal: You provide your own food, we have a space fridge for you.
6. Washing/cleaning: Free washing once a week as day time as we use the solar system and you provide your own washing powder. We have a dry room. Hoovering your bedroom please make from 1- 7 pm. as some may wish to get up late, unless you inform in advance, but not early all the time.
7, Cooking time- kitchen: the Shared kitchen. Please always use a chopping board when you want to cut anything. Don’t cut things on the worktop as it will damage from knife even cutlery. The replacement for the worktop cost more than £2,000. Any damage by you will be liable to pay in full for carelessness and no consideration to look after the property. You can cook provided you clean the burners to original, not leave messy. We have cleaning material for you. You can organise the time you want to cook, but not at the same time it will be too much traffic in the kitchen.
8. Bathroom: It is shared bathroom/s: Please ensure the bathroom is cleaned and checked ready for the next guest. Please consider other guests who may need the bathroom. Therefore, do not spend too long time on unnecessary activity. The guest should enjoy using the clean bathroom every time.
Keep the bathroom clean. Put all your belongings in your bedroom to keep the bathroom tidy for other guests.
Clean bathroom: As shared bathroom/s, you must be flexible. Have a shower in the evening before 9 pm. not in the morning when everyone needs a bathroom to go out to study/work.
9. How easy to rent accommodation in Edinburgh and what bedsit meaning.
Superior quality and feel at home in Edinburgh. Krua Thai Cookery School host families offer straightforward service to save time for our guests. We offer short or long-term high-quality B&B accommodation straight forward, in the form of a bed-sit (for those who are not from the west, bed-sit means a bedroom with desk and chair, shared a super clean bathroom and kitchen). Living room for the host to keep their privacy. However, you are welcome to come for a chat but not all the time. Our price for rent is per person, NO EXTRA GUEST. Please see section 19 for extra guests.
About accommodation in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is one of the high cost of living cities in Europe. If you wish to stay in a good place, good host, high standard accommodation, good area. Each host has similar house rules. The hose will give you an induction. The rent can be up to £900/month for the short term ie. 1 – 3 months. Long-term over 6 months can be from £650/pp/month. This caused many researchers/PhD. students from abroad face the high cost of living and prepare to pay extra from the budget they get from their companies/universities. For this reason, we are confident to say that Krua Thai offers you the best price for a high-standard place, short term.
EDINBURGH: It is not easy to find a nice place at a bargain price in Edinburgh not the same as your city unless you wish to pay a high price. Krua Thai is the best place and simple straightforward contract compare to complicate estate agents. We have a quality place to stay at a bargain price. June, July August (over 2 m. visitors need beds) are summer holidays, the accommodation is the most expensive time to rent as it is During Edinburgh International Festival.
RENT THE PLACE IN EDINBURGH: YOU NEED TO BOOK 4-6 MONTHS AHEAD TO GET THE PLACE. Choose the host that you can trust like Krua Thai. Last-minute booking if you wish hassle. You can search for ‘ flat for rent’ there are many Estate Agents’ to rent the flat in Edinburgh, but you need to book and see the place, this might not convenient for you. It is not straightforward like Krua Thai where we cut all hassle for you. If you wish to rent a flat. There are plenty to rent, but their contract will be at least 6 months, they won’t allow you to let unless you come to see the place and sign the contract. It is not a quick fix as you may think. You are free to contact to discuss this matter. We are more than happy to help.
10. Krua Thai is a member of many accommodation agencies – please click
We are a super host: Airbn – High quality bedsit in good area
11. HOUSE RULES: If you agree with Krua Thai house rules. You will be ok with the other host’s house rules as they have less than us. 1 host at EH167 8JG who is a vet accepts a dog(not cat).
We offer top quality, comfortable and excellent value residential accommodation in Edinburgh for solo travelers who are looking for a quiet, safe place like home. You can use the kitchen, washing, free once a week, high-speed wifi throughout the house. The School policy offers you the best accommodation high-quality home and interior, affluent location, close to the bus stop, to your work/study) at the best family (very kind, clean, open-minded, considerate, generous, educated, professional, manners, empathy) and the best value for money compared to quality). The various houses in our scheme are all located close by in an affluent suburb (some with parking space off the main road), within an easy walk of Edinburgh University ( 5 mins). Bus stop to Roslin Institute (no. 37 every 1/2 hour which is very good to go to a village, Royal Infirmary hospital (no. 7) and the city center (15 mins by bus, 35 mins. Walk). No pets allowed. A total of 14 hosts – 28 bedrooms in the scheme. We are looking for conservative, tidy professional/students /guests that show respect and empathy to our hosts, who do not spend too much time on cooking. Each host will have no more than 2-3 guests.
Can I bring my friend to stay overnight in my bedroom?
Other hosts new rule reduced the price to £20/pp/night, but at Krua NO. We accepted in the past, always a problem. In the previous the guest didn’t even pay on time, by the time we sent the invoice, they were not happy. That’s the reason we don’t want your extra guest in our place for taking advantage of us and using facilities for free. You can discuss with the host, but NO if you will live at EH 16 6AQ Krua Thai Cookery School.
Strictly no guest(s) to stay or entertain in the host house to invade our host privacy. Krua Thai host family have a strict policy on courtesy and moral principle as this to ensure our guest(s) are happy throughout. (For young non-nativespeakers: Courtesy means polite manner, polite behaviour, courteous, respectful. The moral principle means empathy (think of others feeling, respect, consideration, know the right and wrong that are accepted by social group/individual), not to take advantage or make good use of others), therefore we expect our guest(s) to have the same quality.
NOTE: If you will be away for a day or more, you must tell the host to know where you will be. This is for your own security/benefit.
12. POLICE REGISTRATION
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Stateless or traveling on a non-national document (i.e. Travel Document).
13. Talk to us
Please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0131 664 3036, 00 44 (0)7833458219 for LINE/what’s up or via Skype (Rujira Herd/Krua Thai Cookery School) at the time to suit both parties by appointment only
We set standards just as you book the hotel. No need to view the room as it is just exactly the same as you see from the photo. If it is not the same, you will get a full refund. Most hosts don’t have time to let people view all the time. They are busy too. For this reason, Krua Thai will check the place before they join us.
14, Frequent ask questions
- How many people will be sharing within the house: Each host has 2 spare rooms, therefore each house will have approx 2 lodgers, the owner, husband, and the wife, which each house/host has 4 bedrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen, utility room, 2 bathrooms. Most guests here are from university ie. Visiting professors, researchers, doctors, engineers, lawyers, pilots, Krua Thai international students/clients.
- How much for the rent: From approx. £650-£900/pp/month, or some host will charge £235 – £280/week/pp/week depending on the duration of your stay, host, except June, July, August, September summertime.
- Bedsheets and duvet: We provide you quality beds in all rooms, a new set for each guest, a quality bed, bed protector, duvet/pillow protector, towels to ensure high standard throughout your stay.
- Breakfast: You provide your own breakfast. You will have your own cupboard, fridge, shared kitchen cook at the time to suit all, but not at the same time. If you want to cook at a specific time, you can tell everyone that you need this time so that will not be a traffic jam in the kitchen. Please work in your room, not the kitchen to keep others to have privacy/space. You have a desk in your room.
- More photos of the accommodation: Please send your private email and ask for Pdf. We will send to you all.
- Any damage with let the host know immediately. The hosts repair quickly.
15. Our guests
Most of our guests are visiting professors, researchers, PhD. Doctors, post-doc, exchange/internship, students, or other professionals from around the world. This type of mature guests love our place and are perfect guests. Therefore, we expect, especially young students to have the same quality: respect to the house rules, take care of our property, and think of others.
All Krua Thai hosts have strict rules to comply especially moral principles and courtesy. We want you to be happy here. If you leave us happy (100/100% means you are our perfect guest and we thank for this and respect/understand our house rules. If you leave Krua Thai with unhappy (2/98% age 20-23 yrs old) because you don’t want to be charged for ie. having a guest/boyfriend/girlfriend stay over many nights at the time to suit you or item damaged means you didn’t follow our house rules. We regret it is your problem you have created and you are responsible not to take advantage our hosts by expecting things for free or ‘overstep’ (to go beyond limit what is considered proper, acceptable or correct).
16. Transport/Taxi – Tel: 0131 228 1211
Taxi in UK is very safe day and night taxi. It will be cheaper if you take the bus to the city AirLink 100 to the city – Waverley Station £4.50/trip, then get off and take bus no. 7, 37 or call a black taxi (£13) from the city to Liberton Brae, Please check with the driver if he is passing ‘ Liberton Brae’ in case you get the wrong side. If yes, once you get on the bus after 15 mins. You ask the bus driver to stop at ‘ The first bus stop at the bottom of the Liberton Brae ‘ He will remember if you tell him a shorter time. , He will stop and tell you to get off, but there is a bell button to press. Or You can take a taxi from the city to our place if you wish a cheaper cost.
We can organise to pick you up only a certain time depending on your arrival/departure time at the cost £30/trip. Cheaper than a taxi (approx. £33-£35/trip). Due to the traffic jam during a certain time and wintertime is getting dark, to drive at night on the motorway. It will be better to take a bus or taxi.
BOOKING YOUR FLIGHT: If possible. Choose the flight between 1 – 3 Avoid not to arrive evening around 4-7 pm. and avoid to leave morning around 10 am. as 7-9 am is a traffic jam from home it’s a rush hour/ traffic jam, This is not inconvenient as time can be wasted.
Below is Edinburgh airport map : International Arrival 1 -indoor next to Costa coffee shop/Exchange currency office is located in the middles area of no. gate 9,10. The place where you will walk to this place to meet up when you wish to be picked up. Your flight might be landing no. 19, but you will walk to gate 9,10 to meet up a few minutes away from gate no. 19. For quick results ask staff, they will point out to you quicker than you are trying to find yourself.
17. The reason to choose Krua Thai accommodation
It is Krua Thai policy to ensure both lodgers/their family/parents feel safe while living in Edinburgh and to know who you will be staying with. Krua Thai will take care of all of your worries to ensure a worry and stress-free to all guests..
All our host families comply with Krua Thai standards. We picked only good quality accommodation. Our hosts are very friendly, professionals (ie. professor, doctor, lawyer, banker, teacher, nurse etc). They have been strictly selected by the Krua Thai Cookery School. You will be made very welcome and at home. Several of our host families also host overseas students from Applied Language courses at Edinburgh University.
- We guarantee to secure your place 100 %. No cancellation in the last minute. Like other hosts, you may face last-minute cancellations. This will cause you the hassle.
- Effective contact for your benefits: Check with the contract, bills, council tax, wifi, how to share the cleaning. At Krua Thai we offer you honest, straightforward, stress-free and very sensible contract. You don’t need to waste your time and money to come to check the place. We will sort out everything and ensure you receive the best service from us.
- Book direct at Krua Thai to avoid commission hassle and secure 100% for accommodation. Your money will be 100% safe.
- We guarantee that accommodation just exactly the same as photos sent to you and shown on our facebook/website/airbnb/wimdu/homestay/com/spareroom.com/Erasmusu/.
- FREE STAY FOR UP TO 21 DAYS IF WE FAIL OUR PROMISE: NO NEED TO COME TO CHECK OUR PLACE IF YOU LIVE FAR AWAY. Our accommodation is exactly as photos shown as hotel booking or booking.com. Our place at Krua Thai by far beyond general standard from other places because of our professional training chefs most of them from superyachts. Our training cost average of £650-£700/pp/day as private tuition. For this reason, our place has to fit our clients. If you get general universities or students, other landlords’ accommodation. In no way, you will see the same standard as Krua Thai offers you. You might be a little shocked at how simple they offer to guests as everything is cheap, at least the bathroom is clean on the day of the first visit.
- HELP YOU TO FIND YOUR LONG-TERM PLACE. We also give you a good reference provided you are a good lodger when Landlords /agent ask before they decided who they will take, this way to ensure their property will be well looked after by you. For those who are new to Edinburgh. You will be well looked after here. We will help you to find your long-term accommodation ie. 1 bedroom flat on your own and will give you
- Perfect for a professional male or female solo travellers.
- For those who are looking for some assistance, a nice, super clean and safe place to stay and those who like a homely atmosphere. You will be well looked after and full support and assistance to what you need help especially illness, urgent matter.
- Our price is much lower than local hotels, hostel and other B&B accommodation.
- Most of our guests are of a professional status such as visiting professors, researchers and PhD students.
- Booking is on a first come first served basis.
- To ensure the highest standards are maintained throughout, all host families require to know who are our guests before we can accept anyone. Proof of identity, that can easily be checked, is essential. Please include this information with your application.
- Check-in and check-out date required when booking. Short term stays are not easy to get in Edinburgh and a lot more expensive than what Krua Thai offers you as most landlords want long term at least 6 months. Therefore the price we offer short term is very close to the long-term price.
- Provide the following information: your full name, career, studies, photo and any social media links as you know who we are and we don’t want the mystery person in our place.
any health issues that you deem relevant and the reason for your visit to Edinburgh.
- We will send you our ‘Guest Application/Registration Form’ with our terms to which you must agree before we can accept you.
- Visiting the place. Visit us last and compare our place to others. Your visit to each place don’t forget to ask how much you have to pay for council house rate, heat & light & wifi bills, Share work for cleaning as sometimes you will hear your friends complained the s/he always clean the house/toilet when another flatmate never do the work. Stay with Krua Thai you don’t need to do or share cleaning and no council tax fee, We do all the cleaning in the public area but your responsibility to clean your bedroom at least once a week, This way you have a lot of your peaceful time, plus you stay in one of the best and kind hosts in Edinburgh..
- Our shared bathrooms are monitored throughout the day. We will do our best to ensure super clean at all time, but we are looking for guests that know how to keep the bathroom clean too!. You might see our little request note now and again if we see the bathroom is not spotless clean which is not fair to other guests. Our hosts have shared super clean bathrooms, no en-suite bathroom available.
- FULL REFUND POLICY: We are an organisation plus we fully own the property plus we only choose our hosts or landlord’s with good, kind people by heart. They are all professionals with a good career and own the house. You can search about us from Google for both Rujira herd or Krua Thai Cookery School. Your money paid will be 100% safe here. A full refund will be made on the day if we fail to keep your booking or accommodation is not from what we described.
Please submit your application form before booking. We need to know you before we accept you.
18. Check-in, check-out terms:
- A copy of your passport (you can send via email).
- Check-out time: Take all your belongs and clear space. We don’t have storage to keep your belongs. Please organise in advance. We have used this reliable courier delivers worldwide ie: https://www.parcelflight.co.uk/index.aspx
19. Payment terms: Price and extra guests:
What you have to pay:
- Reservation deposit: £200 payment in advance by bank transfer/paypal/via airbnb. when you make a reservation. This is a non-refundable, called a booking deposit. If you cancel for any reason. You will not get a refund because the host keeps the room for you and they can’t get people to stay in time.
- You must confirm that you have budget to pay monthly and will pay to according to our terms. For those who don’t pay in full. Your payment each month/2 months will be 7 days before your check-in date ie. your check-in date on 21st Jan, the payment must reach the school by 13th, of each month.
- RECEIPT: Will be provided once the payment has been paid. For internships/visiting PhD students. we will provide you with certifying receipt/contract rent for your employer or university department or new bank account.
- Security deposit (any damaged etc) will be paid on your arrival or pay advance by bank transfer the same time to save bank charges.
PRICE: Here is a copy from topic No. 4
DAILY: We have a minimum of 2 days stay:
- From £39 – £70/pp/night various hosts various prices, various rooms.
- August during Edinburgh Fringe from £60 – £75/pp/night. Please avoid this month.
WEEKLY: 10% Discount from daily price.
MONTHLY: From £600-£900/pp/month for a couple in one bedroom:£800-£1,200. Depending on the accommodation, short or long term (cheaper).
Full payment will be made 7 days in advance or cash on your arrival/check-in date – no discount will be made if you decide to have a holiday in between or leave sooner. Please ensure your date is absolutely correct to your plan. If you leave sooner, we don’t get a new guest in time.
PAYMENT: PAY KRUA THAI COOKERY SCHOOL: If you pay monthly, your monthly payment must reach the school at least 7 days prior to your check-in date: £20 per day will be charged for any delay. Full payment will monthly and weekly is less than 1 month a £250/week will be made in advance via bank transfer at the time of booking to guarantee your place.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: 1-month deposit, but any damage you will pay full costs.
Full rental payment will be made plus deposit.
A receipt: Will be sent, please check and notify if incorrect for both parties records.
Price for an extra guest: NO EXTRA GUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT KRUA THAI HOST FAMILY GROUP, but if you need £30/pp/night will be charged for. Please avoid this. Other hosts is NOT FREE EITHER will be charged £30/pp/night even stay in your room. Please inform discuss well in advance as the host may not available to take extra guest as there might be already too many in the house. You have to consider this as well not just think only for yourself. The best way you book other guesthouse or hotel for your guest.
You either rent single or couple/2 persons. Extra guest to stay overnight with you will be charged at reduced price £30/pp/night at Krua Thai from October because we don’t want extra guest, other hosts £30/pp/night (exclude from Mid July- August as Edinburgh festival) please discuss with the host well in advance, this will not be available every time you want, depending on the host decision. You will need to inform the host and pay either pay cash or deduct from your security deposit, please avoid this.
HOW WE CHARGE THE RENT: Monthly, weekly or daily. Please choose to pay and inform Ru at Krua Thai only. If you rent monthly you must pay monthly even you stay fewer days. If you pay weekly 7 days, you must pay even you to stay fewer days. This to avoid any argument and complain that we are wrong.
EXTRA BILLS: Wifi, hot water, gas, electricity, tax approx. £50 month/pp will be added into bills (our house tax according to UK law – as band G : £3,050/ per year to pay the government excluded the cost of electricity, gas, waste, hot water, heating, wifi. You will notice that the cost of living in Europe/UK are higher compared to other parts of the world for those who live outside UK. ) Full payment will be paid for a short-term under 6 months, long-term will be paid 2 months in advance, then monthly, plus deposit cost 1-month rent. according to our terms. Deposit means if any damage, breach of contract will be no refunded of this part. Please avoid this.
NOTE: Payment will be made in full as we don’t need to keep asking for payment and you save money for bank transfer. Our house(at Krua Thai) temperature approx. 19 C. Heater is on from 7 am. (the room will be fully warm by 8 am.)– 11 pm. Our place is not suitable for those who get up early, wish extra heater runs 2-3 am and request for the extra heater in winter. This is very normal for a typical middle-class house in UK/Europe. We don’t turn on 24 hours because electricity/gas is very expensive unlike other parts of the world. For those who are used to with European, you will be very happy with our high standard of living.
Cancellation before agreeing time: Full rental payment will be made plus deposit.
A receipt: Will be sent, please check and notify if incorrect for both parties’ records.
Can a landlord keep your security deposit?
Most landlords will ask you to pay the security deposit and they have a good reason for asking for this. A deposit is like insurance against something going wrong in the property. However, it’s important to remember that this money is your money and the landlord should only keep it if you have caused damage in the property, you owe rent to the landlord or you have failed to keep to the tenancy agreement and this means that the landlord has lost money.
Reasons for keeping the deposit
Your landlord can make reasonable deductions from the deposit if:
- the property has been damaged, but you are liable and responsible to pay full cost of any damage you have made. We don’t want to happend!
- the rent hasn’t been paid
- items are missing
- the property needs to be cleaned
- you left before the end of your tenancy.
– See more at http://www.housingadviceni.org/advice-private-tenants/can-landlord-keep-your-deposit#sthash.FUQXG0Vi.dpuf
HOUSE RULES. To ensure no misunderstanding, but less than Japanese house rules.
Should you wish to stay with us. We ask for your kind cooperation. People with good discipline/standard should have no problem with our house rules as you normally do at your home. The rules are set and will be monitored and take corrective action because we faced problems in previous, but for guests who have the excellent discipline/mature, empathy and consideration will enjoy our place. For those who are not neat/tidy especially using the bathroom, our place will be best for you to improve your discipline. You will learn a lot from us.
About the Hosts: We provide you professional, kind, open-minded, helpful(to a certain degree) hosts. All of them are well-traveled, educated and professional. No matter how old they are. British people are very modern and young at heart. They are the best people and experienced to communicate with better some young at your age where they can be in their own world. The host will provide you with a safe, clean place to stay. Please remember the host provides you accommodation at a low cost compared to B&B, please say thanks to the host for accepting you to be in their place. The host is not a hotel where you can demand full service. British culture: For those who are from cultural differences: If you want to enjoy your stay throughout.
Good manners: Understand British culture: The DOS AND THE DON’TS: and well-trained people don’t ask for age, income, how much things cost, nosy (showing, probing others affair/personal information) with their personal information. If you will be late, tell the host, say hello and good morning when you see the host not ignore them. Talk to the host ie. weather, Edinburgh attraction etc…not to run away from them. This show what normal people would do.
KITCHEN: All hosts have a shared kitchen, you can cook provided you take responsibility to clean the hob and area after used not to leave and let others clean for you, when the kitchen is free from others or book your time to cook, by 11 pm. for safety reason. Please clean immediately after use and before your eating time.
NOTE: The kitchen is for eating not studying or working. We provide a desk for you in the room. Please use your desk in the room. This to keep others use the kitchen with their privacy.
The sink: There are steps of cleaning:
There are a few lodgers left the kitchen untidy. You ask for your cooperation if you wish to book our place.
- Don’t let the water run too strong as water will spread and wet around the sink, this will damage the worktop in the long run.
- Always wipe immediately when you see wet around the work to keep the worktop in good condition.
- The end of your work. Please let water runs clean the sink till no soapy, take all debris to the rubbish bin (scattered pieces of rubbish or remain)
- Please use clothes and spray provided clean and ready for the next guest.
1. Please take off your shoes! It’s unhygienic and leaves at the front door at all times for hygiene reasons. We reserve the right to terminate the contract if you breach our terms.
2. Please BE QUIET AT ALL TIMES: Especially EARLY MORNING AND LATE NIGHT such as closing doors gently, train yourself to walk up and down stairs silently -please do not run, as the noise will disturb other guests, playing music, using the phone.
How do I walk up/down the stairs silently?
Walking silently is an art that takes a little to master. Learn how to move without making a sound. Walk with your front part of your feet, not your heel, you will notice how quiet it is. Try walking on the balls of your feet, not your heel and using your toes for balance. You can even try side-stepping on the edges of the stair with your entire foot.
3. Renting contact for 1 person only as you registered only 1 name. No additional guests allowed in the house to keep the host’s privacy avoid too much traffic and bathroom, cooking time. Any guest you have must stay in B&B or a hotel. All our hosts are very kind and treat our guests politely and fairly beyond what general hosts could offer. For those who come from a different culture. In return we expect you to respect our host’s privacy by not invading their space or having your guests when you want, especially undergrad. We reserve the right to terminate the rent if you breach our terms.
If you need to have a guest to stay in your bedroom you must organise with the host in advance to ensure the host is available and whether they are happy to accept your guest or not as they might have their guests on that date it will be too much traffic for the host especially kitchen and bathroom time and that you must have cash ready to pay £30/pp/night to the host without the host asking for the money.
For those who are young students and have parents visit: Please search for British etiquette and manners on appointment. Cultural differences might cause conflict, especially for younger students/undergrads. If you wish to be happy throughout your stay you must follow our house rules and do not set the rules to suit yourself when staying with the host. We welcome a family visit, but please organise well in advance at the time to suits both the host and the parents. You don’t just turn up to suit you or send a text the host may be busy and not have time to read. The host might not be ready to entertain. It will be the most awkward situation ‘as invading our host privacy’ if you turn up without an appointment.
4. No smoking/alcohol/drugs in the house. No guest to entertain.
5. No drinking, no toasters/coffee/tea maker in the bedroom as a bag of tea can make a mark on the carpet(it happened before from careless guest), no eating food/tea/coffee in bed as it will cause a duvet/bed sheet, carpet dirty either by accident and you will be liable to pay for the cost of cleaning or changing the new carpet. TAKE AWAY TIME: CURFEW BY 10 PM. for security reasons and we don’t want delivery to ring the bell late night to disturb others.
STAIN FROM YOUR CARELESSNESS: Please take extra care on the host property. Do not have pen/colour on your bed/seat. You are responsible and pay for any damage. Avoid any leaking pen/colour. Do not put a pen in your trousers back pocket this might be leaking and damage the host seat/bed. Any damage please inform the host immediately, they will resolve the problem.
6. Any guest under the influence of drink or drugs will not be allowed entry to the house.
7. Please show your consideration, this is not the hotel where they charge full price and according to seasons. Your rent does not mean you can use the light/gas without caring for the host expenses. Please be sparing and aware of the cost of energy / in the use of energy as it is very expensive (eg. do not open window when the heating on.). Do not turn the light on when sleep. Failure to do so, the host reserves the right to charge at the end of your check-out at £5/night You pay the rent does not mean you can use whatever you want. Extra heat will be paid at £50/pp/month if you need more heat in your room. Our central heating should be sufficient enough our central heating is on from 7.30 am – 11 pm. Our place is a high standard compared to many box standard accommodations for rent.
8. Please keep the bathroom clean and tidy after use ready for the next user. For those who are from a hot country. Please be aware that Hot water is expensive, unlike in your country. Do not let the shower run when not in use as it creates too much steam and causes dampness. We monitor the cleanliness, if the toilet dirty, we have a brush for you to clean. Don’t let others clean your mess. Please put extra effort – Clear your hair fall out both in bathroom and bedroom as hosts often complained about cleaning after lodgers.
9. Please ensure the bathroom is tidy at all times. Please spend a few minutes before you leave as it is for other guests not just for you. Therefore please keep toiletries in your bedroom not lying around in the bathroom and hang your towels over the radiator in your bedroom to keep dry and ready for the next morning.
10. Curfew 2 am. generally. Our houses are not suitable for those guests who regularly party late at night. For young students, you are here to study and your parents expect you to concentrate on your studies. During COVID19 you will be at home most time. Restaurant/bars can open till 10 pm.
11. Cooking time: before 10.30 pm. to avoid noise, You must clean before your meal to get into good discipline. Leaving dirty dishes in the sink, dirty pan, dirty burners behind and let others clean your mess is certainly not acceptable in this place. If a problem, you will be notified by us.
NO COOKING/OVEN AFTER 11 PM, as one of our lodgers forgot to switch off oven till the next morning, this is not acceptable for health and safety. but you can use a microwave as disturbing others bedtime /cooking smell/for safety reasons. In previous someone cooked late night and left the oven on until the host discovered in the morning breakfast. This is not acceptable and dangerous. Always use a placemat at all times to avoid scratch/damage on the worktop/surface. The kitchen is free to cook at any time provided you clean the burners if no one use, mostly from 6.30 pm. You can cook and keep in the fridge and heat up when required. The sink must be clean after use at all times. Or ask the host, you can cook before or after them. Give them privacy, avoid cooking at the same time. Late-night food should be prepared and ready to eat/heat up. NO cooking, using an oven from 11 pm – 9 am because of unexpected noise as it will disturb those who are sleeping.
MOBILE PHONE/SKYPE: Please be aware, especially late-night talk. You must think of others who are in bed/studying. Please send a message instead. We kindly request to talk quietly or NO talk after 10 pm. lease use half of your voice as some talk too loud. Avoid talk late night as disturbing people sleeping. If you wish to talk, please go to the bathroom downstairs utility room, make sure you shut all doors this you can talk and not disturb others.
12. Bath time: Please made before 10.30 pm. to avoid noise and to ensure that we checked the bathroom by 10.30 to ensure everything is in good condition for the next guests. PLEASE TURN FAN ON AND FAN OFF, LIGHT OFF, NO WET FLOOR, TURN SHOWER OFF PROPERLY. We are looking for a guest who can take care and look after and respect our property and other guests. We will leave a note immediately if we see any careless guests ie. did not turn off shower properly, floor wet, dirty toilet…these guests created too much hassle that we have to keep an eye on everything like kids.
13. Appearance standard: The School reserves the right to control our public image and that to match with our regular professional conservative guests, therefore ‘No facial jewelry, no nose jewelry, visible tattoo’ in our place.
14. Termination: The School reserves the right to terminate your contract if we faced any difficulties with your situation/behaviour/breached our house rules. No deposit will be refunded.
15. It is lodger’s responsible: Although the host’s place is safe and has their insurance, it is lodger’s responsible to have insurance to cover his/herself and belongings. Clean /dust/hoover once a week especially on your day off to keep your room clean and in good condition as your first seen. Any damaged caused by you will be paid for.
16. Washing/ironing: Once a week (your own washing liquid). During the day is preferable as we use Sola system. You must set time to dry your clothes not to leave in the washing machine and let other dry for you.
17. Bedsit: All our hosts are available as bedsit (For those who come other parts of the world bedsit in the UK. means you have a bedroom and shared a kitchen. A living room is for the host to keep their privacy, indeed, you are welcome now and again, but not all the time).
CULTURE DIFFERENCE can cause problems with living with mixed nationalities ie. noisy eater, slurping food, talk loud, walk loud.
ABOUT BRITISH CULTURE/EUROPEAN CULTURE:
Know the culture when you are in each country is important. For those who are from other parts of the world where you don’t do below. If you want to blend well with British culture. This what good manners British/European do. I am aware that some countries manners are so different from British/European, some don’t have ie. write a thank you letter, or go with an empty hand when you are invited to a meal/dinner. Here are the samples:
For those who are from a certain part of the world where a handshake is not your culture. We recommend you to do handshake every time when you met new people/be introduced with either male or female when first met with the host or your flatmate to show your friendly/polite manner and say friendly ‘ hello/good morning/afternoon/evening, I am.(name) please to meet you’ , How do you enjoy Edinburgh…etc… (for your flatmate) and ‘ Thank you for having me (to the host). Do not ignore if you wish to blend well with European culture. For those who are not good with people skills, you should follow by some talks ie. Have you been here long? what do you study, how long will you be here which is better than silent? https://www.thespruce.com/handshake-etiquette-p2-1216847 The School encourages everyone to be a super friendly member.
Krua Thai wants to keep you in good relation to our hosts. Although the hosts don’t expect anything from you, a little present (no need to be expensive is a good idea to consider when you first arrived at the host’s house as part of your say ‘ Thank you for having me’. A little present is part of European style as a good gesture and icebreaker ( icebreaker: A game/joke/item that makes people who do not know each other feel more relaxed/blend well together). Please let us know if you don’t have. Krua Thai will provide the hospitality gift for you to bring to your host. Indeed, you don’t need to give anything when you stay at Krua Thai. This section we mean other hosts that you will be staying.
THANK YOU LETTER
It does not cost you anything to be polite.
To keep in good values and a goodwill gesture to the host. A thank you letter is part of good manners in many countries and a thank you letter is part of well-trained British/many countries culture after your departure. No need to buy a card, just a note on the paper. If you wish to use a card. Krua Thai has a thank you card available. Please ask.
All of our guests are very intelligent/strong academic. However, cultural differences can be a problem. For those who come from other parts of the world, we noticed some have different eating etiquette. Now you are here in Europe, so ‘Do what the Romans do’ by following the culture. It is difficult for us to tell you directly as you may be offended to be told how to eat quietly, close your mounth, especially when we all sit together for social eating and one eats very noisy without knowing him/herself, we guess you have never been trained to do especially while eating. European/British/many countries’ cultures eating quietly not to eat loudly like some countries. If you want to blend well please practice close your mouth when you chew, not to make noise, slurping when eating and your chewing technique before you come. Even we mentioned on this page, we still see some are still noisy. We feel embarrassed to tell then!.
Talk to us: email@example.com
Note when payment: For those who are not good at English the meaning of @ £27/ per trip/pp means: @ = each, £27 per trip per person or £54 pick you up and take you back home. You only sign to stay with us after you are happy with the price, therefore no complain when the time to pay the bill.
SAMPLE FEEDBACK FROM OUR GUESTS. We are rated as Airbnb Super host. We can send a contact e-mail for reference.
“The whole experience it has been www.kruathai.co.uk is an awesome host, always ready to help, and the local tips provided by her and Ian were right on the spot. The place was sparkly clean, and it was really easy to get to the city centre. The breakfast was delicious, and the hospitality was off the charts. Anytime I’ll go back to Edinburgh, I will be staying at Ru’s place……Thank you so much to make me feel at home in Edinburgh. I would definitely come back to visit you in the future. big hug for both of you.
April 2019 …”
“…Ru and Ian made me feel very welcome in their immaculate and well-located house. My room was very spacious and comfortable…” Prof. Carrie from US.
“…Rujira is an extremely helpful and friendly host, who maintains fantastic communications and who really makes her guests feel secure, welcome, and well looked after! Thank you so much…” Professor James – UK.
“…Rujira and Ian and very pleasant and interesting people, and fabulous guests. The house is superb – every detail is thought after. The neighbourhood is very nice. Highly recommended…” Dr. Alvaro – Uruguay.
“…My host Ru was amazing. She answered all of my emails promptly after I requested to stay at one of her properties. She picked me up from the airport took me to my host family which was nearby her place. The accommodations were exactly as depicted on the site. Ru, made me a cake to go with my tea. Of course, she offered me toast, coffee and the like. There are buses that run along the street of the accommodations straight into town and around the surrounding areas. I prefer to walk. Ru gave me a map and it was about a half hour walk into town, however, it may have taken me longer as I stopped to take pictures of the beautiful gardens along my walk and check out the shopping mall/plaza and shops on the way. I arranged to have a cooking class at Ru’s Thai Cookery (Cooking School) and that was amazing. We sat and spoke for hours after. Ru is a very busy woman but she is very accommodating as much as she can be and she really was. The people that I stayed with, Ian and Ann were very pleasant and welcoming. They were home when I dropped my bags in the morning when I arrived and then again in the evening when I came home after being out all day and briefly caught up on the day. I sat with them in the kitchen in the morning as they offered me cereal and toasts, jellies, coffee or tea and talked about the day, etc. It is nice being in such accommodations-meeting the locals, I feel more at home than staying at a huge hotel….It was awesome…” Etty from US.
“…Ru and Ian are just fantastic. The house is really beautiful and my room is quite big and really clean (at least four stars hotel standard). The location is really convenient too, bus stop on sight and easily get to the city center. Ian is really really nice, he gave me a really great overview of the history of Edinburgh and pointed out many places to see, we had some nice talking during breakfast as well. Ru is so sweet and considering, moreover, really a good cook! Highly recommend this listing. Amazing value and experience!…” Ryan PhD. a student from China.
“…What a wonderful experience staying with one of the Krua host families in Edinburgh. I stayed at Professor Roland and Janet’s house (house number 4). I was coming for a meeting at the Wellcome Trust Center, and the location was just excellent (10 min walk from the Uni). The house was amazing. Really beautiful. Janet was taking care of every single detail. Wonderful breakfast and dinner! And great Thai party at Ru’s place as well! I do thank Ru, Prof. Roland and Janet for being so warm and welcoming and for making me feel like home….” Dr. Anna from Spain.
“….I can’t imagine better place to start my journey in Edinburgh. Ru is amazing person – right from the start she picked me up from airport and served amazing dinner. The room is very clean and all around the house you can feel homely atmosphere. Ru cooking is amazing! I can’t remember when was the last time I have eaten such amazing Thailand food. I love to recommend this house to anyone who is visiting Edinburgh as a perfect place for stay…” Piotr – Software engineer from Poland.
“…Ru was amazing from the start picking me up from the airport and providing me professionally cooked Thai food for lunch. The room is very clean and very well decorated with a homely atmosphere. I would recommend all first time visitors to stay. Ru will take good care of you…” Dr. Nicolas from Singapore.
“…Ru and Ian are wonderful people. I felt at home from the very first day. When I first arrived I was helped with shopping and I was even given a great home cooked dinner. Ru literally has a degree in hospitality! She is delightful to talk to, and her house is beautiful and well kept, not to mention the great views it has! You are close to bus stations and a mall/super market. I would definitely recommend!..” Aded – Princeton University. US.
“…Ru and Ian are wonderful hosts. They have a beautiful home, immaculately clean, and comfortable. Loved our chats at her kitchen counter. Ru can whip up a delicious 2 or 3 course meal in less than 15 minutes. Her skills in the kitchen are quite amazing….” Sheila – Education from Canada
“…Perfect. Beautiful comfy room in lovely, spotlessly clean and well located house. Rujira and Ian are wonderful hosts: friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. And I was fortunate enough to be able to ask Rujira to cook her fantastic Thai dinners twice. Feel very lucky to have stayed there and would definitely stay again given the chance! Many thanks Rujira and Ian!…” Dr. Melani NGO Director – Panama.
“..I had a wonderful stay with Ru and Ian. Both were marvellous hosts that made me feel very welcome in their home. This is much more than somewhere to merely sleep, they really do look after you. It’s impossible to enter the kitchen without Ru making sure you’ve had something to eat and drink! I’d recommend staying here in an instant and will definitely be putting friends in touch when they visit Edinburgh…” Stacy – PhD. student from Wales
“…Rujira is a very friendly and helpful person. The house is as it was described on Airbnb. Rujira had the patience and friendliness to show me the neighborhood and teach me how Edinburgh works. Furthermore she advised me on many aspects of the city. A lovely city. I am more than happy with her and the house. I felt like I was at home. I recommend her houses to have a lovely stay at Edinburgh…” Dr Nicolas – Argentina
Accommodation at Krua Thai Cookery School: Pdf can be sent to you for bigger photos.
Photos below are high-quality bed equivalent to good 3-star hotel: Desk in all rooms.