By browsing and using our website you agree to this policy governing your use of the website. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use our website.
Collection of information
In order to provide the services you want, and to allow you to experience a more personalised service when you revisit us, we need to know your interests. We find these out by asking you, by reading your comments and by looking at which are the most popular areas of our sites.
Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information from you (such as name, address, telephone number, email address etc) which you have provided voluntarily to us either by completing registration or enquiry forms or sending emails to us.
Examples of where we may collect your personal information include (without limitation):-
- If you enter a contest or promotion or an offer and we ask for your name, address and e-mail address. This may be so that we can run the contest or offer effectively and tell you if you have won.
- If you order a product or service from us we may ask for information including your name, e-mail address, delivery and billing address, credit or debit card number and expiry date. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number to be forwarded to the couriers who may deliver your order. These details allow us to process your orders efficiently.
Collection of other information
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable, it includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platforms, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on our website and your geographical location.
How we may use your information
You agree that we may obtain, hold, correlate, merge and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose of providing you with our services and ancillary services and for our internal business purposes. These include (without limitation):-
- personalising your visits to the site and developing the design and style of the site to improve our services to you
- to inform you about the latest changes to our website, or products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting;
- informing you if you have been successful in any of the competitions or promotions;
- compiling customer reviews;
- for market research purposes;
- to prevent you from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our sites;
- to enable third parties to carry out statistical analyses’, technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf including determining behavioural preferences to manage online advertising;
- for strategic development;
- for any purpose required by law or regulation; and for accounting purposes.
We may provide third parties, at our discretion, with certain aggregate statistical data about your use of our websites, which data may include demographic data such as age range and/or geographic location of groups of user. It will not include information that could personally identify you.
With your consent, we may supply personal information to third parties.
We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests or requests by applicable regulatory bodies, to operate our systems properly or to protect either ourselves or our other users.
We may transfer, sell or assign any of the information described in this policy to third parties as a result of a sale, merger, consolidation, change of control, transfer of assets or reorganisation of KTCS.
You consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (which may not provide the same protection for such information as the United Kingdom provides) in the event that the processing of your information involves such a transfer.
We may monitor and keep records of email communications which you send to us and other communications with you in accordance with this policy and our other business interests.
Safeguards and Security
No data transmission over the internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of our sites. However we use our reasonable endeavours to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorised access.
In addition to our safeguards we will ensure that your personal information is protected by the UK Data Protection Act. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully and should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. Please help us to keep your personal information accurate by updating your registration details on the website.
For more information on the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner please see http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Changing or accessing your information
Should your personal information change (e.g. your postcode), or if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please contact us including full details of your request.
We may charge a small administration fee in relation to fulfilling a request for access to personal information.
Queries and Contact
If you have any questions or queries regarding any of the services or products featured please contact us as follows:-
Telephone: (+44) 0131 664 3036
Post: The Krua Thai Cookery School | 19 Liberton Brae | Edinburgh | EH16 6AQ | Scotland | UK