QUALITY AND TASTE ARE VITAL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS
The Krua Thai Cookery School offers its expertise in traditional and modern Thai cuisine. We offer research, development, bespoke training and consultancy for food manufacturers/distributors and restaurants, enabling you to deliver absolute customer satisfaction and ensure you stay ahead of your competitors. We are confident that we can resolve your problems quickly. It is important for suppliers/chefs to understand and recognise quality ingredients or the characteristics of sight, aroma and taste that make up every traditional Thai dish. We will impart our trade secrets to you, along with the dos and the don’ts which we have gleaned from our many years of experience. More photos or our end products on the Gallery page. We can send you a lot more portfolio or visit our update portfolio via our facebook click top right of the website- Krua Thai Cookery School.
Sample of our clients: Albert Roux: Noon Products Manufacturer : M&S: The Seafood Company : Covent Garden Soup: Amoy soya sauce – Hong Kong: Green Dragon: Jimmy’s Satay sauce, Pride Oil, Lucky Boat egg noodles: Westmill foods: Bar & restaurants UK & Europe.
Food Implementation – Rely on our specialism & our expertise
Our service includes vital ingredients for quality Thai restaurants plus effective recipe development that will help you gain a competitive advantage. Our personal training or consultancy service delivers powerful results. If you are a distributor, we can advise you of the key ingredients that Thai customers are looking for. If you are food manufacturers or a restaurant, we can correct and remedy your problems and can help you improve your product and taste to a professional standard, efficiency in the kitchen by highlighting shortcomings that may have gone unnoticed for years. We can help with recipe development and coach your kitchen staff to understand and perfect blending techniques to a professional standard. The training will help you to develop skills in presentation, colour balance, flavours, texture, consistency and portion size. For those who wish to set up Thai fusion but have a limited budget please advice, we are more than happy to set up the training to suit you. We guarantee your chef will have more ideas how to develop new cuisine by far better than non-training or look at internet or youtube.
Opening a food business can be very profitable but it can be a challenging and sometimes a daunting task. One of your business goals should be to ensure sight, aroma and taste are pleasurable to the customer. Why not let us help you through this challenge and ensure that your team knows exactly what is needed in traditional Thai cuisine
Outsourcing is essential for an organisation that requires expertise in specific areas. Outsourcing can definitely improve productivity and income. Our aim is to maximise benefits to our clients. We coach our clients to a level of skill and experience that cannot be found in books.
Our service includes:
- Recipe and research development.
- Blending techniques.
- Presentation techniques.
- Commercial investigation.
- Food implementation.
- Online training – live cooking
- Recipes and menu design.
- The need to know to secure new business foundation
- Effective kitchen organisation.
- Specific training for an urgent need to run a Thai restaurant/outside catering
- Effective mise-en-place.
- Health and Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Communication and teamwork in the kitchen.
Our guarantee: We are fully committed to imparting all the necessary knowledge on the secrets of traditional Thai cookery. We are very confident that our training will help you to increase your sales and attain your long-term investment programme. Students who have completed a course are welcome to contact the school at any time.
What you need to do: Let us know all of your requirements and problems so that we can help to sort out your particular needs. You may need help as in the example shown below.
- Turnover is down. Customers are complaining about the food. We can help your staff resolve the problem. We evaluate and help your chef to be efficient and have good mise-en-place.
- Food hygiene and HACCP consultancy: We will inspect and provide you guide on Food Hygiene and HACCP. Also offer to work and ready to present to Environment Health Office.
- Hygiene, Health and Safety, staff problems: This stage, safe better than sorry. You will need a professional body to advice and draw up documents when you set up a new business or already have the business. We can advise you a world class legal team of professional to sort out all of these hassles and to minimise problems ie. employees right, staff walked out, injuries, food poisoning. We recommend to you to use the service just one year to get things organised professionally, then you can decide later if you wish to continue or not. Please contact the school.
- Setting up a new Thai restaurant but no Thai chef. Before going ahead with this option. Please be sure you understand 2 types of restaurant: 1. Eating out (normal restaurant) 2. dining out (Fine dining). We can cater for both. Most of our students are head chefs they can cope with under pressure and very capable chefs to run your restaurant provided you provide a good practice professional kitchen that fits the purpose for them to work. We train head chef to lead the kitchen and control the menu and discuss with the owner to agreement point, not the owner trying to control what you want for service because the chef we train will see what s/he can cope according to kitchen practice in each place. Poor kitchen working area will not be suitable for the fine-dining chef. However, it is better that you use Krua Thai best recipes if you wish to stay ahead of your competitors. Many restaurants rely on head chef’s recipes. Often you hear the head chef had walked out with the recipes file and left kitchen team no recipes to follow.
GET IT RIGHT AT THE FIRST TIME:
- We offer specific training to your chefs and guarantee your chefs to be able to cook Thai food and impress your customers confidently.
- The intensive training will take from 1-5 days depending on your needs and budget.
- After the training, you must give time at least 2 weeks for the head chef to finalise the cost, portion control, choosing plates for service to ensure smooth running operation.
- This service is suitable for those who are the restaurant owners but don’t do the cooking.
- We offer to control and recipes to your restaurant especially when the worst case comes up ie. your head chef/ kitchen staff walk- out and left.
- We have the recipes and can easily resolve the problem quickly.
- We offer to visit your restaurant when you wish to have promotion or publicity time.
- The visit also to ensure all recipes and food are at Krua Thai’s standards to ensure customers retention and leave with a happy smile every time.
- All travel costs will be at clients’ expense.
- How to choose the chef for training: There are 2 options to choose a head chef to lead the kitchen: 1. Non-fine dining chef. – adaptable to use local ingredients 2. Fine-dinning chef if you want fine-dining & authentic restaurant. You must make sure all Thai ingredients are available before you choose this option. We recommend you to train 2 chefs with your contract ie. if one leave before contract time they must pay for the cost.
- Your kitchen needs to be inspected and approved by a professional body in your area or choosing Krua Thai consultancy. This is essential if you want fine dining chef to work for you. Poor kitchen working environment will not be suitable for kitchen staff/ chefs.
- The kitchen must comply with UK/EU hygiene regulations for the food business. The final choice of chef is yours but don’t forget to draw up the contract at least 1 year.
Sample of contract training between the employer and employee which you may find of interest
This sample just to remind you. Please discuss with your lawyer to draw up a proper contract to ensure you don’t waste your time training staff those lack of responsibility.
I…..(name of Scholarship contract), full address:……..Tel:….understand that the professional training has been awarded to me so that I will accept and complete ‘Professional Thai cookery 5 days training. The amount of this scholarship is Three thousand five hundred pounds. Accepting this scholarship means that I agree to the following terms:
I will finish the programme in 5 days intensive training. I will work at least 2 years from date ….to ….. if I do not by the above-stated terms. I will become responsible for repaying the scholarship total fee……plus accept no payment from my labour cost.
I agree this is a fair and binding agreement. I understand and agree to all terms of a contract and will adhere to the terms.
How to keep your kitchen/restaurant staff happy and make them want to stay
- Friendly and fun environment ie. allow them to listen to the music/radio, fun party and competition, take time out of work and have team day out.
- Good communication. Build positive rapport with both front and back house by helping hand from time to time.
- Give them a break. Short break during work is needed. Most kitchen/restaurant staff work long hours. Break room which has TV, tea, coffees.
- Set realistic achievable targets for staff without stress.
- Listen to your chefs/front house point of view: Make your chefs feel valued and appreciated by allowing them to be part of decision especially their decision how improvement can be made for food service, how to sort out the menu that they can cope and operate the kitchen especially new chef, new environment. The owner must give them time to adjust.
- Staff reward: Invest on staff award. Loyal chefs don’t want to leave. This way is cheaper than finding a new chef, train them up, time to allow them to settle down in the new workplace. Loyal chefs don’t want to leave.
- Excellent customer service and recovery service: Internal and external customers are equally important for your business. We can guide you how to establish total happy customers and monitor customers’ feedback/complaints and corrective action. Customers feedback is the most valuable source of information for you to improve your business, but how can you ensure your staff/ customers are happy especially you as the owner are not there all the time.
- Your Thai ready-made meal products are not doing well in supermarkets. Lack of knowledge in traditional Thai cuisine is a major failing if a chef is to create the correct taste. Join our flexible training. Within one day you will be surprised how much you have learnt.
- Tight deadlines for food manufacturers. We offer advice on your recipes and menu designs to suit your requirements, with products ready prior to your meeting with the concept director or and panel.
- Commercial investigation. We can work and help you to complete your project. We are very confident that our information will benefit your business for many years to come.
Why not make an appointment for a chat at time to suit both parties. We have a strong commitment to offering you not just quality, but an honest and very reliable service. Please feel free to discuss any issue you have in mind. We will be more than happy just to talk and help.
What customers say:
“Hi Ru….frankly I’m speechless. The presentation is absolutely incredible and I want to thank you very much…..We need to diary in when you can come. I mentioned the 2nd Thurs, Fri and Sat each month. Does that work for you? …..regards and many thanks…I will send you some photos…”
“Hi Ru…..I hope you are well…..The three nights so far we have been 100% fully booked and we have turned an extra 20% away…..Sam has been brilliant. He has coped under pressure and with a novice team he is building their confidence. The dishes look great and presented very well… so far it’s gone very well…”
“Our excellent service is available worldwide”